[The following statement is reprinted from the
International Communist Seminar in Brussels, 2-4 May, 2001.
The list of organizations who signed it are at the end of
the document. Click here to go to
the seminar's website.]
Resolution of Support to the Struggles of the Peoples of Africa and of the Peoples of Guadeloupe, Guyane and Martinique
International Communist Seminar, Brussels, 2 – 4 May
After having analyzed the international situation dominated by the capitalist
globalization and its disastrous consequences on the living conditions of the
Noting the severe blows to the fundamental rights of the peoples of Africa,
Guadeloupe, Guyane and Martinique, the culprit of which is imperialism,
We, participants to the International Communist Seminar hold in Brussels from
May 2 to May 4, 2001,
Condemn the policies of aggression, of imperialist exploitation and of neo-colonization, of which these peoples are victims.
Condemn the criminal social and economic policies, imposed to the popular masses by the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF), instruments of capitalism.
- Support all the struggles of national liberation and of emancipation of these peoples.
- Ask the UN to put Guadeloupe, Guyane and Marinique on the list of the countries to decolonize.
- Ask France to acknowledge the right and the will of the peoples to self-determination, as stipulated in the UN charter.
- Ask all the imperialist powers to stop their financial, political and military support to the dictatorial regimes which plunder and murder the populations.
- Support the struggle of the people of the Democratic Republic of Congo against the imperialist aggressors and their ruandese and ugandese servants.
- Condemn the coward murder of the president Laurent-Desire Kabila, successor of Lumumba.
- Ask UN to take firm and effective sanctions against Ruanda and Uganda for the genocide of the Congoleses, the occupation and the plundering of the ressources of the DR of Congo.
- Demand the immediate stop of the wars initiated by the imperialists (cynically called tribal wars) in order to further plunder the natural ressoures of the conflict zones, rich in minerals (gold, diamond, copper, oil) and aiming at transforming the continent in colonial counters: it is the goal of the recolonization.
- Demand the closure of all the imperialist military bases in the countries of Africa, of the Caribbean and all over the world. These bases are indeed directed against the peoples and their nationalist leaders, who refuse exploitation and the imperialist and capitalist domination, or against all those who lead a independent or socialist social and economic policy in the interests of the peoples and not of the multinationals.
||(AZAPO) Azanian People Organization
||(PCB) Parti Communiste du Burundi (Communist Party of Burundi)
||(PCG) Parti Communiste de Guadeloupe (Communist Party of Guadeloupe)
||(MPSP) Mouvement Patriotique pour la Solidarite et le Progres (Patriotic Movement for Solidarity and Progress)
||(ACTUS) Action du Tchad pour l'Unite et le Socialisme (Chadian Action for Unity and Socialism)
||Parti du Travail de Belgique
||Coordination communiste Communistes en lutte